Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lettuce Wraps & Coconut Rice

Have you ever skimmed a recipe and decided to make it for dinner, only to realize you didn't read it close enough which sort of ruins your brilliant plans? Well that happened to me today.  I planned to make lettuce wraps for dinner and looked up recipes for a side dish.  I found this Coconut Brown Rice recipe from Skinny Taste that looked perfect, so I added it to the menu.  I went to start dinner around 8, figuring everything would be ready around 8:30 when my sister got home from class.  Then I actually read the recipe and realized the rice was going to take close to an hour.  Whaaaat!  Obviously I don't make rice very often.  Needless to say, we didn't eat until like 9:30.  Oh well, this meal was worth it!

I made Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps from Kayln's Kitchen.  This part of the meal came together super fast.  The wraps were the perfect amount of spicy and I loved the flavor from the cilantro.  I served them with the coconut rice, which came out beautifully, and some steamed edamame.





No comments:

Post a Comment