Saturday, February 8, 2014

Spaghetti Squash with Pesto

Spaghetti squash is definitely my favorite vegetable.  I can't get enough; it's on my menu every week in some form.  Even though it doesn't taste like pasta, it acts as a perfect substitute for pasta sauce.  I really don't even miss pasta dishes anymore. 

This week I decided to try something new with my beloved veggie.  I saw this recipe from Pinch and Swirl on Pinterest and pinned it solely for that gorgeous green pesto.  I made the recipe using pine nuts instead of walnuts, just because that's how I've always made pesto.



The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of olive oil, but I only ended up using about 3.5 to 4 tablespoons.



The best part about pesto is a little bit goes a long way.  It really spread out through the massive amount of squash we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment