Saturday, January 11, 2014

Catch Up on Dinners!

For dinner on Thursday, I made Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes from SkinnyTaste.  Instead of using beef I used portabello mushrooms.  They were delicious!



Yesterday, I made Crockpot Beef and Broccoli from Skinny Fork.  I love this recipe.  The flavor of the sauce is my favorite of any beef and broccoli I've made and the meat gets really tender.

(I forgot to take a picture!)

Tonight, I made turkey burgers.  We usually eat turkey burgers every other Saturday because they are quick meals to make when I get home from work.  Funny story, I once made my meal plan to have turkey burgers on a Sunday and I had to keep reminding myself for the rest of the night that it was not Saturday!

I buy ground turkey in premade patties.  They come in packs of 4, so I make two at a time and freeze the other two for the next turkey burger night.  This time, I mixed garlic powder, paprika, cumin and worcestershire sauce.  The worcestershire keeps the turkey from being dry and cumin is my favorite spice of all time, so it just makes sense to add it.  I topped the burgers with a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese.  Perfect.





Because I'd rather eat a potato than bread, I served the burger with a baked sweet potato and some steamed broccoli to satisfy my veggie requirement.  Yum! 

Do you have any "go-to" meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment