Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Workout Update and Meatballs

Today was finally my day off!  Wednesdays never come fast enough after working the weekend.  This morning I did Day 15 of the Body Rock 30 Day Challenge.  It's hard to believe that it's halfway over...and that I've actually kept up with the workouts.  I'm definitely feeling stronger.  Even though I'm still doing pushups on my knees (working on that), I can do way more pushups than I could a few weeks ago.  When I watch the videos I sometimes think "there's no way I could do that"...and then I try it and find that I can.  Can't wait to see how I feel after the next 15 days!

My sister and I got Chipotle for lunch, which I haven't had since probably June.  Way too long.  My sister on the other hand had it yesterday, ha!  I had a salad with black beans, barbacoa, corn salsa, sour cream and a side of guacamole.  YUM.

For dinner tonight I made Chicken Parmesan Meatballs from Dinner: A Love Story.  I love these meatballs.  I don't add the fennel seeds (not a fan) or lemon zest. 



I also use Muir Glen pasta sauce to brush on the meatballs, then use the rest over spaghetti squash as a side. 

This recipe also gave me a reason to use another Christmas present...a new pastry brush!


These meatballs are pretty big too, so it's definitely a filling meal.

Spaghetti squash is a great side instead of pasta to keep the calories in check!


No comments:

Post a Comment