Saturday, January 25, 2014

Turkey Burger Saturday!

It's turkey burger day again!

I tried something a little different today.  After making meatballs on Thursday, I had a bunch of leftover shredded zucchini.  I saved it because I didn't want it to go to waste, but I wasn't sure how to use it.  Then I had a stroke of genius- add it to the turkey burgers!  The meatball recipe used the zucchini to help keep the turkey moist, so I figured it would do the same in a burger.  

I mixed two turkey burger patties with about 1/2 cup of the shredded zucchini and some garlic powder, paprika, and cumin.  The zucchini definitely made the burgers juicy.  It also gave the burgers some more volume (aka bigger burgers) for not many added calories, which is always a plus. 





We had them with my new favorite side, a baked sweet potato with butter and garlic salt.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment